Sound and Noise Pollution
Use of loud speakers, amplified music, bursting of crackers and beating beating of drums etc. It is prohibited between 10.00 PM to 6.00 AM
• It is violation of Hon’ble Supreme Court Directions.
• It is punishable if use of loudspeaker is done without police permission between 6.00 AM to 10.00 PM.
• It is prohibited in Silence Zones.
• It is punishable under the Environment (Protection Act, 1986) and imprisonment could be up to 5 Years or a fine of Rs. 1 Lakh or both.
• Health hazard for the sick.
• Distraction to students.
• Stress for children/infirm.
• Disturbance to those resting.
• Discomfort for pets.
• Disrespect to the community.